Tray baked Lemony Chicken & Cavolo Nero & Sweet Potato
All in one no fuss meal that’s quick to prepare. Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and with skin on, trimmed of excess fat
- 1-2 wax free lemons, depending on taste
- 750gm sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves (optional for those with IBS symptoms)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (optional for those with IBS symptoms)
- 200gm cavolo nero, washed and cut into 2-3cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Thinly slice half the lemon and toss with sweet potato, garlic, onion, oil and juice of the remaining half lemon. Season and place into a deep roasting tin. Sit the chicken on top, season the skin and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes
For added nutrition and to complement the dish serve with yogurt with a swirl of chilli sauce or a pesto.